Live Webcast Events
Our Technical Team regularly run Live Webcast Events on various topics across all software we support: Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Civil Site Design & Stringer Survey Suite.
Webcasts are a great way of learning new tools and techniques, or keeping up to date with the latest software developments.
Our webcasts are interactive and we encourage attendees to submit questions, live, to our panel and have them answered during the session.
If you are unable to attend a Live Webcast, or you want to share with others, then check out our YouTube Channel: Webcast Playlist for recordings.
9th April, 2020
Have you ever needed to setup a multi user project but don’t know how to?
Is that project just too big and you need to break it up into stages?
Or is that deadline looming and your colleague offer to do the drainage design but you don’t know how share what you’ve already done?
Then this webcast is for you!
Watch and learn how to share your civil data with others. Work on the road design whilst a colleague designs the drainage.
Civil Site Design combined with Civil 3D gives you the flexibility to share your surfaces, alignments, roads and pipe networks and work collaboratively on a project.
During this webcast we will look at:
- Setting up the Civil 3D Data Shortcuts
- Sharing surface and alignments
- Setting up the CSD Data Share
- Sharing your road and pipe data
Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved!
16th April, 2020
Whether you have been using AutoCAD for a short time or you are a seasoned AutoCAD user we all work differently. With this webinar we are presenting some of the lesser known AutoCAD commands and adding some tips along the way. There will be something for everyone, there is bound to be a tip or two that you can take away to improve your productivity.
Some of the tools we be will be looking at are but not limited to:
- Adding commands to the Quick Access Menu
- Creating keyboard shortcuts for those commonly used commands
- Block Management
- Exploding blocks and retaining the attribute content
- Counting blocks in your drawing
- File and Content
- Importing objects from other drawings
- Easy access to project folders
- Copy and object from an Xref into the current drawing
- Working with drawing objects
- Cycle through overlapping viewports
- Delete overlapping objects
- Repeating commands
- Using Action Recorder to create macros
23rd April, 2020
Civil Site Design users will have intimate knowledge of the renowned Vertical Grading Editor and the Cross Section Viewer and as this is such a popular tool, it has experienced a series of improvements throughout development cycles.
Often there are tweaks and tabs added in a new build that may not be immediately obvious and so this Webinar is intended to assist users navigate these interfaces by demonstrating:
- Vertical grading Editor (VGE):
- How to edit your design using some of the tools in the Home Tab.
- Managing the Auto Profile.
- Explaining the Exaggeration setting.
- Utilising the IP Reference.
- Viewing other strings and surfaces in the VGE using Design Constraints.
- Accessing other tools directly from the VGE.
- VGE Settings and Display options
- Right click access to the Cross Section Viewer.
- Cross Section Viewer (CSV):
- Scrolling in the ribbon to step through chainages.
- Changing the Display Settings to reveal or hide information such as Codes and Offsets.
- Set the Crossfall Switch Percentage to change from X% to 1:Y display.
- Displaying other Alignment and String information in the CSV.
- Direct Section Editing.
30th April, 2020
Civil Site Design has an extensive set of tools which can assist with the design of lots.
Many users may not be aware that a combination of Grading Strings & Threads can play an important part in day-to-day design work and form an integral part in quickly creating & updating your models.
Using foundation tools in Civil Site Design, this webcast will explore creating a retaining wall through the rear of lots, whilst having the elevations connecting to the road design with Grading Strings.
Topics we will cover:
- Using Grading Strings for the retaining wall design
- Matching elevations to the road design with Surface Extend
- Reviewing Design Constraints / Reference Point to set top / bottom wall elevations
- Use Threads to update the design when the road elevations change
- Plotting Cross Sections through the design
7 May 2020
With recent world events forcing staff to work remotely and collaborate remotely, it’s never been more important to ensure that you have a streamlined and robust system to share design data, manage revisions and enable data sharing internal and external to your organisation.
Join us to learn how Autodesk are providing enhanced collaboration for Civil 3D users to share design data securely across multiple companies. Securely access Civil 3D files, data shortcuts, and xfrefs ,from multiple locations and companies, outside company firewalls, all in a common data environment throughout the life of the project.
This session will introduce you to BIM 360 to help you understand how it works and the benefits it can offer.
14 May 2020
Back by popular demand… and the fact we couldn’t squeeze all the content into our April webcast, Selwyn Pendergast will be continuing the AutoCAD Tips and Tricks journey.
Check out the webcast recording to see all the great stuff we showed in Part 1.
Topics covered but not limited to:
- Reference Manager
- Project Files Search Path
- Selection cycling
- Design Centre
- Add selected object
- Layer Merge
- Layer States Manager
21 May 2020
Building upon our connection with Civil 3D corridors, the Civil 3D pipe exchange tools allow users to dynamically share their Civil Site Design network with Civil 3D as a Civil 3D Pipe Network.
Civil Site Design provides a comprehensive BIM workflow solution by sharing surfaces, alignments, feature lines, corridors and now pipe networks, with the powerful BIM enabled Civil 3D.
In this webcast, we will showcase the new exchange tools to create Civil 3D pipe networks from Civil Site Design v21. (As part of the session we will be starting with a Civil Site Design pipe network).
- Overview the Civil 3D pipe network settings
- Set up the exchange between Civil Site Design and Civil 3D parts
- Create Civil 3D Pipe Networks, dynamically linked to the Civil Site Design network
- Manage real time updating and synchronisation between Civil Site Design and Civil 3D.
28 May 2020
Whether you’re a new user of Stringer or a seasoned veteran in the software, we all have our own method for using it.
With this webinar we are presenting some of the lesser known Stringer commands and adding some tips as we go. This presentation is aimed at users of any level and aims to provide you with a tip or two that you can take away to improve your productivity.
Import and Reduce
- Different options to bring in ‘Control’ information.
- Traverse Adjustment tools
- How to use the Replace Single Code
- Increment the String Numbers based on .. parameters
- Different ways to reorder your point numbers
- The ‘Offset and Hatch’ command
- Shifting your drawing
- Exporting a Point group in different Total Station Formats
- Point comparison to a surface
Webcast Suggestion / Feedback Box
We have a Webcast Suggestion / Feedback Box for any webcast ideas or feedback you may have. Feel free to send us your ideas and comments.